First up is a home decor project:
I purchased this plain black frame and decided to spruce it up a little. As you can see I adhered buttons to the center of some of my flowers. I love the additional depth and texture they added to a "plain jane" frame.
Next up, a scrapbook page:
Here you can see I used buttons for wheels on my die cut car. I have done this several times and love how is spices up an other wise ordinary car.
For my project today I used buttons to create a border for my scrapbook page. This is the first time I've tried this, but I think the result is REALLY fun. I kept the rest of the page very simple, as always when I create a page I want the focus to be on my picture/s.
To adhere buttons I like to use glue dots, although on this page I sewed some of the buttons straight to the paper. What I love about buttons is that they're so diverse, and you can utilize them in countless ways.
- Kraft cardstock: Bazzil
- Pattern Paper: My Mind's Eye 'Stella and Rose'
- Buttons: Papertrey Ink
- White embroidery floss
- Labels: October Afternoon
- Stamps: Technique Tuesday 'A Date With Ali' and 'The Observant Traveler'
- Ink: Jenni Bowlin 'Chicken Feed' and 'Cough Syrup', Memento 'Tuxedo Black'
- Color Mist: October Afternoon 'Paper Doily'
- Brad: My Mind's Eye