Saturday, September 17, 2011

Inspiration - Photo Inspiration

Hi Everyone! Caroline here with another challenge for you. This week's challenge is an inspiration challenge. I decided we would use a photo for our inspiration.

I chose this photo from my vacation to North Carolina last year because here I am planning my annual trip there this November. I love the colors in this photo and am bummed that I'll probably miss the leaves this year as we are going later than usual. Oh well there will still be some great photo opportunities.


So using the colors from the photo I decided to make this fall card


Since getting my promarkers I'm having so much fun coloring stamps. One of the features that I love most about the markers is that the ink doesn't streak so you get a full coat of color. The one thing I've learned using them is I sure don't have enough colors. I know what I'll be getting for Christmas ;o)

I also tried another technique on this card .... the ribbon. That's not really ribbon. Well not the conventional kind of ribbon anyway. That's the crinkle ribbon that people are making. I used the seam binding and dyed it to the color I wanted crinkled and let it dry. OMG I love that stuff.

Now let me see what you can make using the photo as your inspiration!!! Happy Crafting!

--- Caroline




4 comments:

  1. Great photo Caroline!! And I love your card.

    Between your Fall colors and our chilly temps this weekend I felt like starting and digging out our Fall decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara those are just darling projects!! I love your paper choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two projects posted already are beyond anything I could do! Great work ladies! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are awesome!!! Spooky and harvest-time--- getting into an autumn frame of mind!

    ReplyDelete