Friday, October 21, 2011

Theme Challenge - Halloween

Hey everybody! Our fall - themed month continues this weekend with a focus on Halloween! I want to see what you guys are making!! Halloween is my favorite FAVORITE holiday - I just love it and I maybe perhaps even go a little overboard when I see Halloween stuff in the stores. And it is almost that magical time when they will start to clearance and it will all be mine!! I have a really quick and easy project to share with you - canvas bags that will be the goody bags for my daughter's class.



These are 9 by 7 canvas bags that I picked up last year at my local dollar store for 6 for $1 and so I decided that this year I would use my Pumpkin Carvings cart and my heat transfer vinyl to dress them up. (Last year I used glow-in-the-dark vinyl  - you can see that post here on my personal blog.) I asked my daughter to pick out her favorite faces and used the hide contour feature to hide the outline.All of the faces were cut at 5 inches.  I can't say enough how much I LOVE Pumpkin Carvings - definitely my top pick for best Halloween cartridge - it is just so versatile. 

Oh and if you haven't used heat transfer vinyl yet (yes I see all those guilty faces and I am giving you the stink eye) don't forget that it was the focus of this month's Technique Tuesday - click HERE to see it. I would like you to know that I timed myself putting these together tonight. Mind you I cut them all out the other night - but from start to finish (including weeding the vinyl) I finished 20 of these in 25 minutes. Not too shabby! If you are wondering what they will be filled with - let's see - I got them each a Halloween book and then there will be an assortment of goodies - kazoo, parachute guys, glow-in-the-dark bracelets and fingers, pencil, gross frogs, bouncy ball...... I did mention I tend to go overboard for Halloween right?? 

So let's see what you guys are up to for the "best time of year" (according to my daughter - yep that's my girl)!! Happy crafting!
---Allison


9 comments:

  1. These are absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! I agree, Pumpkin Carvings is an awesome cart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute. Yep this is in my to do list. Maybe I have to break out my new cameo to do some cutting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous - I want to join your daughters class, just to get one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've added my pumpkin!! I by NO means came up with the bat idea. It was on the Circle Blog, but I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects!! Fun challenge, just linked up!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Projects from everyone!!
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete