Thursday, January 5, 2012

January Sketch Challenge!

Time for some sketches! I kept things simple this month and I may have cheated a teeny bit but I got them done!
Layout Sketch
And the layout.....

I will admit this is an older layout - I did not have time - so I searched through my older layouts for something to use and I decided to pick this one because it uses a bunch of pictures and because I liked how I was able to use pictures from different events in the same layout!

My card sketch is very simple and I hope you all understand that I am just not the best card maker so I find simple is easier for me to wrap my head around.  

I was able to make TWO quick versions of this card since I kept is so simple - and you might recognize some elements of the card!



Do those snowflakes look familiar? They are from my Technique Tuesday post! For the first card I stamped the sentiment on a ribbon and added a gem sticker, while on the second card I added a gem brad and an embossed piece of paper that I pop dotted for some extra dimension.

I hope you are inspired by my simple sketches and not too hurt by my cheating - can't wait to see what you make! Happy crafting!
---Allison


2 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of the designs. Especially for the scrapbook page. It makes the pictures really standout and who wants to be distracted from looking at those adorable photos of your daughter? She's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects Allison! I love how you made your cards, they are both really pretty. And the pics you used on the layout are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete