Friday, February 3, 2012

Card Sketch Challenge

Hello everyone! It's me - quickly stopping in for the monthly sketch challenge. I do have to apologize - I only have one sketch to share with you this month - but I have decided that I will not feel guilty about it. I got done what I could and that is the best I could do for right now. I hope you are okay with it too!

I have recently become enamored with digital stamps, but alas - I have no real markers, just some watercolor markers and pencils. *SIGH* I hope to someday change this situation but don't see it happening any time in the very near future. Until then I shall have to be content with my pencils and my Crayolas and drooling over the video of the new Tim Holtz markers from CHA. Now that I am done whining - onto my card sketch!


And now for my card:


I used a card base from Damask Decor cut at 5 inches. The adorable little baby is from Mo's Digital Pencil Too and I am absolutely enamored of her work - many thanks to Kymberlee for gifting me with this image. I colored him with my pencils (not my Crayolas) and then added a ribbon and a ribbon tag. I finally finished off with some adhesive pearls. This card was for a shower for a good friend and I created a few other gifts that I hope to get up on my personal blog this weekend (fingers crossed!).

So your sketch challenge for this month is to incorporate a stamped or even a printed image into your card (or layout - you know we aren't picky) - and maybe next  month I will have a layout for you! Happy Crafting!
---Allison



6 comments:

  1. Allison the stamped image and card are adorable! I purchased way too many stamp sets over the past few months that I haven't touched yet. This will be a great challenge for me to get involved in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Allison. Love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and thoroughly love this challenge, Allison. Thanks for the motivation to use this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card - definately inspired to pull out a stamp I have never used. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison, I think he is too cute and your sketch is wonderful. Love the colors you use and the little charm on the ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carole, Michelle and Lori love what you did for the sketch challenge! I can't believe I forgot to do this challenge.

    ReplyDelete